Commitment to Safety
At Baker Electric safety is more than a policy manual. It’s our commitment to a core value that will not be compromised. It’s a focus on action rather than statistics. And is a firm belief that our employees can do their work assignments without the risk of injury. We call it 100%Safe.
100%SAFE! is a commitment to our employees that they will never be expected nor allowed to work exposed to uncontrolled hazards.
Baker Electric is one of the most committed companies to health and safety in workplace environments in all of Southern California. Our belief that people and property are our most valuable assets is the cornerstone of our safety program. We are continually recognized by our customers for leading the way when it comes to safe work practices.
At Baker Electric, our safety culture is built around the active involvement of our employees with activities that are important, not only to the company but the employee as well. It’s an expectation that every employee is not only responsible for their own safety…but the safety of every Baker Electric employee they can see. It’s ownership of processes necessary to ensure that every Baker Electric employee can go home safely at the end of the day.
100% SAFE! is not only the focus of our safety effort, but a commitment made by our executive team to providing leadership that inspires safe behavior. It’s a commitment to working together for the safety of all Baker Electric employees.
This commitment is shared by all of our supervisors and built around the goal of every Baker Electric employee going home at end of the day injury free.
The effectiveness of our safety process is measured using leading (upstream) and lagging (downstream) indicators. While downstream incident evaluations are important, our principle leading indicator is our cutting edge site safety audit which is included our site safety report. Providing actionable information before someone is hurt, the safety report gathers data on conditions, safety controls, as well as safe vs at-risk behavioral observations.
- To provide required training, we conduct formal courses as well as two tailgate meetings per week. The majority of our tailgate meetings include a quiz.
- To ensure a high level of safety education, we established CORE training requirements for all supervision.
- To ensure employees are ready to deal with unique hazards, we provide just in time training specific to the exposure.
- To properly deal with undesired trends, we hold project or department specific stand-down’s.
- 2019 Recognition of Achievement in Safety Excellence - NECA
- 75% improvement in total recordable incident rate since 2016
- 2017 AGC of San Diego First Place in the Specialty Division for 2,000,000+ work hours
- 2016 AGC of San Diego First Place in the Specialty Division for 2,000,000+ work hours
- 2015 AGC of San Diego First Place in the Specialty Division for 1,000,001-4,000,000 work hours
- 2014 AGC National Certificate of Commendation for Excellent Safety Record
- 2014 AGC San Diego Safety Excellence Awards / Specialty Division, 700,001 – 1,000,000 man hours
- 2014 NECA Zero Injury Award- The Zero-Injury Award / 50,000-100,000 man hours category
- 2014 NECA Safety Excellence Award – Safety Excellence Award / 50,000-100,000 man hours category
- 2014 First Place Winner – AGC National / Safety Excellence Award / Specialty Division
- 2013 First Place Winner – AGC San Diego / Safety Excellence Award
- 2012 Third Place Winner – AGC National Safety Excellence Award
- 2011 & 2012 First Place Winner – AGC San Diego Safety Excellence Award
We provide you with solutions, support and advice so you can complete your project on time.
OUR WORKFORCE IS
We are ready to assist your organization in completing or beginning your essential projects.
HOW WE WORK
We adhere to all the CDC guidelines, and rigorous cleanliness procedures.